Friday, November 12, 2010

Alternative media is really interesting to me. On some level, I feel it reassures me that there are other avenues that I can explore for a more independent and realistic take on news. So when I hit upon this website http://www.inthesetimes.com/, I got really excited. But the excitement was shortlived. The articles are on the website are fantastic but admittedly, I got slightly cheesed off when the top of the website urges me to 'help independent journalism survive...'.
So what happens to them if a transnational corporation helps them survive 'in these times'? Do they suddenly change loyalties and become mainstream media? Does alternative media remain alternative when they do things like this?
I would love to hear your ideas/opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment