Sunday, September 19, 2010

Island of Flowers

This was a video that was shown to me during the summer before my senior year of high school while I attended a summer program at Hendrix College. Its use of satire throughout the beginning of the video catches the viewers attention in a light way which I feel makes the impact of the final message so powerful. It is about capitalism in Brazil. Its use of imagery, repetition, and music makes it one of the most compelling videos I've ever seen. It is a short video that leaves a lasting feeling of concern with the effects of capitalism on human rights.


Island of Flowers

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. This is a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this video and post, Jen. You were right that it's a very compelling video, and I think it makes the concept of the effects of capitalism on human rights easy to understand. I'll definitely be sharing it with others!

    ReplyDelete